Registered Dietitian: Vivify Wellness
Position: Registered Dietitian
Status: Full-Time, Contract
Hours: Flexible (Days, Evenings, Weekends)
Location: Vaughan, ON
At Vivify Wellness, Registered Dietitians provide quality nutrition care and facilitate nutrition education seminars and workshops. Vivify Wellness is a Registered Dietitian-managed and operated company that functions as part of a multidisciplinary clinic attached to a large grocery retailer.
Our commitment is to take on a leadership role within the multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide quality, client-centred care using evidence-based information and counselling principles to provide clients with the tools needed to nourish their bodies and live a healthy life.Vision
We envision a future in which nutrition is prioritized in all areas of care from prevention to chronic condition management.
Integrity, Honesty, Compassion, Collaboration.
Vivify Wellness is currently seeking a Registered Dietitian to provide nutrition consultation in the clinic, engage clients at the store level and facilitate community outreach education initiatives. As a key member of the allied health team, you will develop and implement nutrition care plans in accordance with the College of Dietitians of Ontario policies and professional practice standards. You will perform nutrition assessments and follow up to ensure that the nutrition needs of clients are met. Your primary role is to work collaboratively with physicians and the multidisciplinary team in the clinic to provide exceptional nutrition care with a focus on health promotion, disease prevention, and chronic disease management. You will provide nutrition education through in-store demonstrations, food skill workshops and store tours. You will also be expected to provide educational workshops and sessions in the onsite Education Centre. The ideal candidate for this position is a Registered Dietitian with an entrepreneurial spirit and possesses strong skills in nutrition education, individual counselling, and facilitation skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform client nutrition assessments with the family healthcare team;
- Effectively communicate with the family healthcare team;
- Promote nutrition education to our patient community through seminars and food demonstrations;
- Facilitate presentations on specific nutrition topics that are relevant to the client caseload;
- Identify and participate in opportunities to educate retail store associates and the allied health team;
- Other activities may be assigned in collaboration with the family healthcare team that relates to nutrition issues;
- Compliance with the dietetic practice standards as outlined by the College of Dietitians of Ontario;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Enhancing in-store customer experience by facilitating educational opportunities
- Registered, in good standing, with the College of Dietitians of Ontario;
- Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition and successful completion of an accredited internship program or equivalent;
- One-year experience in a clinical dietitian role, family practice or primary health care setting preferred;
- Certified Diabetes Educator is an asset;
- Membership with Dietitians of Canada is an asset;
- Ability to operate with the highest level of confidentiality and discretion;
- Strong conflict resolution skills;
- Experience delivering presentations and facilitating group education programs;
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all members of the health care team;
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a fast-paced work environment;
- Experience in a retail environment preferable;
- Experience with adult teaching principles;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including and evenings and weekends required.
Application Due By: March 8, 2019
Anticipated Start Date: April 2019
Please submit your resume and cover letter to heather[at]jacknathanhealth[dot]com with the subject line RD Application.
We thank you for your interest in Vivify Wellness. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.