Dedicated to improving access to public healthcare, Jack Nathan Health is a Canadian company that includes a diverse range of professional staff and partners and recruits top practitioners to deliver consistent, quality care in state-of-the-art medical and dental clinics across the globe.
Jack Nathan Health is currently seeking an energetic, registered Dietitian and Nutritionist to provide health and wellness education and management to patients visiting the clinic. The ideal candidate for this position is a Registered Dietitian with strong skills in nutrition education, individual counseling, and facilitation skills.
As a key member of the Jack Nathan Health care team, you will deliver nutritional care in accordance with Jack Nathan Health policies and professional practice standards. You will perform routine dietetic duties, and ensure that the nutrition needs of patients are met. Your primary role is to work in partnership with Jack Nathan Health physicians and Inter-professional health care providers to perform patient nutrition interviews, assessments and plans. You will deliver services to a variety of patient populations. You will also provide health education to patients with a focus on health promotion, disease prevention, and chronic disease management. You will also be expected to provide educational workshops and sessions in our onsite Education Center.
You will be based out of our clinic in Vaughan, and we are happy to consider this position as either a full-time staff position or a contracted position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform Patient Nutrition Assessments & Provide Education & Counselling
- Assess, evaluate and provide nutritional care plans for patients and communicate the plans to the family health care team
- Promote healthy nutrition to our patient community through seminars and visual promotions
- Consult with the family health team members
- Provide, on specific request, consultation to family physicians and other team members to assist with individual patient care
- Present on specific nutrition topics that are relevant to JNH patients (e.g. Chronic Disease Management Educational Programs such as Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, and Health Promotion Educational Programs such as Infant Nutrition and Achieving a Healthy Weight)
- Educate Health Care Professionals
- Provide professional education to physicians and other Health Care Professionals, as requested, on family nutrition topics
- Develop nutrition curriculum, educational and reference materials and seminars
- Interprofessional Education Present on various aspects of the dietetic practice or other nutrition related procedures (e.g. Special Diet Allowance, nutrition supplement samples, etc.)
- Program planning
- Develop/deliver chronic disease management and health promotion education sessions
- Other activities may be assigned in collaboration with the family health team that relates to nutrition issues
- Compliance with the dietetic practice standards used by the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Registered with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition and successful completion of an internship program or Master’s Degree in Nutrition
- Two (2) years’ experience in a clinical dietitian role, family practice or primary health care setting preferred
- Additional training or credentials (e.g. Certified Diabetes Educator) are an asset
- Ability to operate with the highest level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Group facilitations skills
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment
- Experience in collaborative work with community‐based agencies and organizations preferable
- Adult teaching experience and the ability to speak a second language is an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings
Anticipated Start Date: March 2019
We thank you for your interest in Jack Nathan Health. Only those short-listed with be contacted for an interview. No phone inquiries please.
Please apply using the form on the previous page.
NOTE: If you receive an error message when trying to upload your CV, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org instead.